Why a Starman Auction?
- A Starman auction creates the Most Exposure in the shortest period of time
- A Starman auction provides an Aggressive, Advanced Marketing Program that increases interest in and awareness of a property or item
- A Starman auction brings multiple qualified buyers to a point of decision, “Act now or lose the opportunity to purchase.”
- A Starman auction generates excitement and heightens buyer interest
- A Starman auction creates competition among buyers
- A Starman auction removes the necessity for Seller/Buyer negotiations The items are sold AS-IS-WHERE-IS with NO contingencies
- A Starman auction realizes True Market Value, on valuable or in demand items the price can exceed the price of a negotiated sale. There is no upside limit.
- The seller, not buyer chooses the date property or assets are sold
- The Seller sets the terms and conditions of the sale
- Seller carrying costs eliminated e.g. Interest, taxes and maintenance
- A speedy process
There’s no doubt that a Starman auction is the fastest sales process around. It’s quick and efficient and that’s what makes it attractive.
As a Buyer you set your own price and establish a value
You are in control at an auction. You decide when to bid and how much to bid - how high or low you want to go.
Certainty of Knowing What You’re Getting
All of our Auctioneers deal specifically with aircraft, GSE, tooling, and aircraft parts. They are educated professionals who know value and price. Many have years of experience in the aviation field that provides a special perspective into the value of the material being sold.
Fun and Excitement
An onsite Starman Auction is an event, its entertaining and gives you the opportunity to meet up with like minded individuals within the aviation industry. Aviation buyers competing for unique parts, combined with the lively and rhythmic auction chant make for some great entertainment come and enjoy!.
Auction: The Unlimited Marketplace
Auctions allow buyers to experience the same type of excitement that is found on the floor of a commodities exchange. After the event, sellers know their merchandise sold at prices truly representative of market value, and buyers walk away knowing they paid an amount only one bid higher than what someone else was willing to pay. Everyone wins.
The auction is not a new marketing method. The first English reference is found in the 1595 Oxford English Dictionary. Evidence records auction activity as early as 500 B.C. and during the Roman Empire.
Although auctions are exciting, the reason they have been successful for thousands of years is that they work. Auctions work as well for aircraft and aviation material as they do for; Real estate, automobiles, Estate items, Antiques, repossessions and other merchandise previously overlooked as suitable auction material are all a part of today’s auction industry.
The Sellers’ Marketplace
Converting aircraft or inventory to cash quickly is a major benefit of the Auction Method of Marketing, but sellers also want to be assured they will get a fair market value. That’s why an auction is the best tool to meet that goal.
No less important is the flexibility of the auction method. You, the customer decides when and what to sell. Starman auctioneers use established and successful procedures to ensure maximum benefits for the seller. Before the auction takes place, the auctioneer meets with the potential seller to see what is to be auctioned and explain the services available. During this meeting Steve and Scott will ask questions to determine the seller’s expectations.
The Buyers’ Marketplace
A Starman Auction is a efficient marketplace. Buyers actually determine the final price and market value of the items purchased.
For first-time buyers, an auction may appear chaotic, but once they become familiar with procedures, they realize it’s more like a well-rehearsed symphony.
Buyers are provided all the information needed to become informed bidders and realize the auction market sets a a fair and reasonable price for property. During the auction, auctioneers stand where they can be easily seen and always use a public address system.
As increasing bids are received, the auctioneer’s rhythmic chant becomes a series of prices. Filler words are used to maintain the flow to the chant.
Guarantee A Successful Auction
Selecting an auctioneer is the most important part of assuring an auction will be successful. By choosing Starman Auctions you can rest assured that you are getting the most experienced team in aviation. No auctioneer has performed more aviation related auctions that Starman. With Starman Auctions you get:
- Integrity and Honesty - to earn the trust of both the seller and the buyer.
- Adaptability - to respond to the varied needs of sellers and situations.
- Flexibility - to be open to new ideas and techniques.
- Knowledge - to properly market and sell the product being auctioned.
Selecting the right auctioneer is the key to success.
Come early to view the merchandise
Have a driver’s license ready
Register with the clerk to receive a number (This is your bidding number)
Look carefully at the part condition and the paperwork
Determine what you would like to pay for an item and keep in mind any Buyers Premium.
Raise your bidding number up when you want to bid.
If you are not sure where the bid is at, ASK!
You may settle your bill any time during the auction.
Pay for item before leaving the auction premises